Thursday 28 May 2015

My Virgin Brazilian Waxing Experience @ Strip


pic credit: http://www.strip.com.sg/
 
I was in my 39weeks and I heard that most mums will go for brazilian waxing in preparation for labour. I don't know my vagina will be seen by how many people and I will be dead embarrassed if down there is untidy and bushy. If you are have C-section, I heard that the nurses/ doctors will shave the pubic hair for you when you are delivering your baby. It can be embarrassing as they could be males but when you are already at that stage, it might not even bother you anymore. As your tummy is getting too big, it is almost impossible for you to upkeep yourself.

I googled online if it is ok for late pregnancy to have brazilian wax as the skin might be more sensitive than usual. Anyway, my tolerance for pain is quite high, I went ahead to book an appointment with Strip @ Cathy outlet. My therapist was Elle.

During registration, I was asked to sign 2 forms, one of the form was to declare existing medical conditions, the other was Consent to use of personal data. I was passed a hygiene pack that I am to pass to my therapist. Elle opened the hygiene pack and passed me the wipe to clean myself with. After which, there was a towel for me to cover my lower body. Elle was quite professional and the whole process was quick and not embarrassing at all. I saw there were 2 type of wax- chocolate and strawberry pink colour. Saw that Elle was using pink wax most of the time. Elle applied the warm wax on the skin and then I felt the stripping effect which was swift and fast. When Elle was doing certain areas, she will ask me to take a deep breath as it was supposed to be painful spots.

The whole treatment process took about 10 mins. Elle told me each waxing can last up till 5weeks. Elle is quite thorough, she informed me that there could be some stubborn hair that can't be removed and I think she removed some using tweezer. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being not pain and 10 most painful), I would rate the pain factor as 3-4.

You can view Strip service package here and they are offering 35% discount if you are a first time customer with them. Strip also has package, if you sign up on that day, the treatment will be waived off.

I was told not to take hot showers and to exfoliate area from day 4 onwards. Today is already my 5th day after my waxing, so far so good, no bumps, inflammation or redness.
I will consider signing up with them on my next visit. I was informed that if I'm having natural delivery, I can only start waxing after 3months and 6 months for c-section.

Love,
Sherlyn

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for offering such an insightful post on Brazilian waxing while pregnant. It is certainly understandable that many women like you would feel uncomfortable with pubic hair in anticipation of going into labor. It is always important to follow the doctor's instructions after giving birth so that you do not cause any unnecessary damage or pain for yourself during that tender time.

    Maureen Fleming @ Nirit Reani

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when my wife had our son a few years ago she was concerned about the state of her pubic hair during delivery. She also looked into doing a wax treatment but for whatever reason opted out. She is pregnant now and again debating. I saved your post to let her read your experience. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete