Wednesday 29 April 2015

Buying from USA: Ship for Me Service from 65Daigou

Hi everyone
I shared in my previous post that I had used 65Daigou as shipping agent for my Carter's purchase. I've done some research and 65Daigou is the cheapest, you can view their shipping charges here.

Recently I had ordered a Hello Kitty Kitchen Cafe play set from Walmart for my niece's birthday present and again, I had used 65Daigou service. The play set is not available locally, Taobao nor Qoo10. To my horror, the shipping charges came up to be about SGD$265.50 instead of SGD$81 as they charge by volume weight of 29.46kg instead of actual weight of 8.78kg (whichever is higher). There is no way I am going to pay $265.50 for shipping to Singapore. 





I contacted 65Daigou customer service. The officer was helpful and friendly. Luckily, they are able to stop the shipping to Singapore and they are able to help me return item to retailer for a handling fees of US$5 (I paid SGD$6.50). I had used the enquiry function to request for return. 65Daigou was very prompt in their reply has asked me to provide them with a prepaid return shipping label. 

I spent sometime googling how to get this prepaid return shipping label and I found out that some merchants will buy the prepaid return shipping labels and you can obtain it via their website when you return item to them. If the return label are not prepaid ones, 65daigou will have to charge the relevant domestic shipping fee. Luckily, Walmart's return process is quite easy and I managed to get the prepaid return shipping label and sent it to 65Daigou.

65Daigou processed the return fairly quickly and I have paid the handling fees. I'm still waiting for Walmart to credit the refund to my credit card, I shall update once I received the refund.

Lesson learnt: do not buy bulky product from overseas even though the product listed on Walmart website states dimension is 24.5 x 24.5 x 28.0 inch and weight is 10 pounds (about 4.53kg).

Meanwhile, I will recommend 65Daigou's ship for me services for USA purchases but only for small items eg clothes etc. Hope you will find this post useful if you are a noob online shopper like me for USA sites.

Updates: I have received the credit card refund from Walmart. I don't even have to follow up on the refund status. Thumbs up!

Love,
Sherlyn


No comments:

Post a Comment